The Driver Salute event was a unique way for CPC to show appreciation for its team of safe, experienced truck drivers
CPC Logistics, a leading provider of permanent and temporary Class A CDL truck driver and warehouse logistics solutions and services, recognized 18 of its Hall of Fame and All-Star Drivers from across the United States and Canada at the inaugural Enjoy Illinois 300 NASCAR Cup Series race June 4-5 – which drew a crowd of 100,000 people – at World Wide Technology Raceway. The drivers recognized were:
• Donald Hill, Edwardsville, Illinois
• James Bloodworth, Sweetwater, Texas
• Paul Jankowsky, Mehoopany, Pennsylvania
• Patrick Miehle, Carol Stream, Illinois
• Cornell Richardson, Albany, Georgia
• Les Lasenby, Jacksonville, Florida
• Wayne Smith, Kinston, North Carolina
• Glen Manning, Davenport, Iowa
• David Nunn, Sharonville, Ohio
• Stuart Shuck, Davenport, Iowa
• Jeffrey Venhaus, Torrance, California
• Chris Trice, Lebanon, Tennessee
Drivers of the Year
• Kent Alexander, Tabor, Iowa
• Nicky Kelly, Fayetteville, North Carolina
• Adrian Madrigal, Moreno Valley, California
• Guillermo Luevano, Perris, California
Hall of Fame Drivers
• Randy Packham, Grimsby, Ontario
• Steve Smith, Regina, Saskatchewan
The Driver Salute event began when the drivers and their guests arrived for their stay at St. Louis Union Station Hotel on June 4. That evening, CPC hosted a reception at PBR St. Louis in Ballpark Village where each driver was recognized for their achievements during an awards ceremony led by Wallis, CPC Managing Director Duane Trower, and CPC Vice President of Operations and Safety Daniel Most.
On June 5, before the sold-out race started, the drivers drove two laps in their semi-tractor trailers around World Wide Technology Raceway’s oval. During their laps, an announcer read each driver’s name and accomplishments while his picture was broadcast on the jumbotron. After their laps, they were able to enjoy the CPC VIP tent and performances from artists such as Jimmie Allen and Cole Swindell.
CPC’s team of safe, experienced professional truck drivers currently includes 11 Hall of Fame Drivers, 98 All-Star Drivers and more than 155 Million Mile Award recipients.
About CPC Logistics
Headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri, CPC Logistics and its affiliated family of companies are the leading provider
of permanent and temporary Class A CDL truck driver and warehouse logistics services in the United States, Canada
and Puerto Rico. CPC serves private fleets and carriers of all sizes with driver and fleet management services. CPC’s
subsidiary companies include CPC Logistics Canada (based in Mississauga, Ontario) and CPC Logistics Solutions. For
more about CPC Logistics.
Credit: Source link